GHS Daily Announcements
Friday September 30, 2011
Day 23—Tutorial Block # 2—Bell Schedule #9 (Bullying Block # 1)
1. English tutoring with Mrs. Kobierski will be today after school from 3:00 to 4:00.
2. Gannon University will be visiting today at 10:30am. Anyone interested in speaking with a rep from Gannon should sign up in the Guidance Office. Next week college visits are: Monday, October 3rd – Westminster and Tuesday, October 4th – Pitt-Bradford
3. Students not returning emergency forms will be assigned 1 day ISS after 1 rescheduled detention
4. If any Honor Society members are interested in babysitting during the Elk Valley PTO meetings, please see Mrs. Lueck by today
5. Students are reminded you are not allowed to ride any other bus, other than your assigned bus.
6. Attention Juniors and Seniors there will be an assembly next Tuesday, October 4th, 2011. The Making It Count Corporation will be doing presentations in the lower auditorium on “Making your College Search Count” and “Making College & Career Count.” The senior portion of the presentation will be from 8:00am – 9:00am. The junior presentation will begin at 9:30am – 10:30am. It will be approximately an hour presentation.
7. Looking to get fit? The Fit4Life Before and After School programs will begin Next Monday, October 3. You are encouraged to come after school each day- to the fitness center from 2:45-3:45 and get a personalized workout plan. Also on Wednesday and Thursday each week you can come to the pool from 6:40-7:30 for a morning swim. CHECK OUT THE DETAILS ON THE FLYER IN YOUR CLASSROOMS. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Bartone or Mr. Russell.
8. Jade Woodworth report to the office after announcements this morning
9. There will be a Junior Float Committee meeting today during tutorial in Mrs. Bartone’s room
10. There will be a meeting for the freshman homecoming float committee during tutorial today in the guidance office.
11. Congrats to Mackenzie Bonnett for finishing 3rd in the District qualifier and becoming the 1st girl in GHS history to qualify for the District 10 Tournament.