· Alcohol fact for 3/11/11: Abuse of alcohol can cause damage to the brain tissue, heart, and sex organs in both males and females.
· Alcohol Awareness fact for 2/10/11:
· About 65 out of every 100 persons in the US will be in an alcohol-related crash at sometime in their life.
· Alcohol awareness fact for 2-3-11: Alcohol may cause the drinker’s blood pressure to rise, putting him or her at risk for heart attack and stroke.
· Alcohol awareness fact for 1-7-11: Alcohol can cause depression, anxiety, and antisocial personality disorders.
· Alcohol awareness fact for 12-17-10: Underage drinking costs the U.S. $58 Billion per year.
· Alcohol awareness fact for 12-10-10: 28% of 15-20 year old drivers who were killed in motor vehicle crashes in 2005 had been drinking.
· Weekly alcohol awareness fact for 11-19-10: Four in 10 criminal offenders report alcohol as a factor in violence.
· Weekly alcohol awareness fact for 11-8-10: Young people who begin drinking before the age of 15 are 4 times more likely to develop alcoholism than those who began drinking at age 21.